- Aggressive marketing and direct solicitations of third party companies are using the “suspension” test to qualify for the Employee Retention Credit.
- Taxpayers may make improper evaluations, where guidance is complex and unclear.
- Contingent fees from certain companies are generally due before the credit is received, which may take six to eighteen months or longer.
- Amending prior year returns and/or filing Administrative Adjustment Requests (AARs) is required.
- Cumulative costs of ERC credit claims are not fully considered with respect to (1)claiming the credit (2) audit representation (3) audit failure.